Friday, January 01, 2010

A Very Happy New Year To You All

The wife is in India on a long-awaited trip, the OSU Buckeyes just won the Rose Bowl, it's cold and snowy (after rain on Christmas), and I'm home-bound, tending to my son after his recent knee surgery. All in all, a marvelous way to reconnect with the things that really matter, and to silently appreciate all the tremendous blessings that have rained down on me in 2009. But few can really compete with the relationships formed here and the conversations that have taken place. They've somehow touched and informed everything else I do. Here's hoping your holiday weekend is a memorable one. We'd love to hear about your assessment of 2009 and/or your hopes for 2010.
UPDATE: My friend Miles calls holiday-weekend overdosing on TV sports a "sports coma." We couldn't have said it better ourselves.

8 Comments:

At 4:19 AM, Blogger Elisabeth said...

It sounds like a good and peaceful time, this watching over another, your son who is recovering.

Many thanks for your support in the short time of our acquaintance. I look forward to many more shared blog encounters.

 
At 5:19 AM, Blogger John Ettorre said...

As do I, Elisabeth. A very happy new year to you.

 
At 11:41 AM, Anonymous MilesB said...

And the coma continues today with the ending of the NFL's regular season and the drama of who will/won't end up in the playoffs.

Happy New Year to you and your family, John. And here's hoping we all have a great 2010.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger John Ettorre said...

Yes, full coma mode today, and the snowy weather certainly helps there. Thanks for stopping by, Miles.

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Diane Vogel Ferri said...

A very happy new year to you John - you've been one of my blessings.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger John Ettorre said...

Diane, I assure you the feeling is quite mutual. Happy new year!

 
At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Jane Levesque said...

John,
I really appreciated your encouraging words throughout 2009, which was a year of transition for me. I'm sure many others will join me in sending you a hearty "thank you" for your networking introductions and supportive comments. May the new year bring that good karma back to you tenfold! Can I say a hundredfold?

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger John Ettorre said...

Thanks, Jane. Knowing great people such as yourself is an experience filled with good karma. I know 2010 will be a breakthrough year for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home