Monday, November 02, 2009

She Gets Our Endorsement

Our friend Jill Zimon has taken a break from writing for the last couple of months to focus her full attention on running for city council in her suburb of Pepper Pike. Jill still writes a parenting column (which I mentioned a little here), and more recently I mentioned that her fine blog was noted in a new paperback guide to Cleveland. As for Pepper Pike, I got to know this nearby suburb a little better when I wrote the copy for its website not long ago, and I know enough to believe she'd surely shake things up a little, if elected. We're keeping our fingers crossed on her behalf, and we'll be watching those election returns tomorrow with an extra bit of interest. Good luck, Jill.
UPDATE: It's not yet official, but it looks like she's won a seat.
UPDATE #2: The Cleveland Jewish News briefly chronicles her victory.

2 Comments:

At 10:44 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Aw - thanks so very much, John!! As you may have guessed, as a first-time candidate, in a city the size of Pepper Pike, and being somewhat of a perfectionist especially at the end in terms of feeling that I knew what had to be done if I was to win, I didn't fully utilize all the folks who offered to help - there were many. But just knowing that people from all around wanted to help, were willing to be called on - that in itself is a kind of support that you cannot depend on - you earn it, build it and are GRATEFUL for.

So thank you for that - it is a vote of confidence to know people are so willing to help.

I have to share this with you too! It appears that I am the first and only female political blogger to run for and be elected to office. Isn't that crazy? A policy wonk at the Center for American Progress is continuing to check this out, but there are few bloggers who run for office, and there appear to be no other female political bloggers who've done it. Talk about humbling!

Hope all is well with you and btw, Richard's blog is great - I hope he writes more and more. And Bill Callahan has started up too - good stuff. I also did get to see Gloria give her presentation - she was just amazing.

All the best to you, John - Jill

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger John Ettorre said...

Thanks, Jill. I know Richard will especially appreciate your nod of approval. Hoping to be there for your victory celebration.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home