Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Torture on the Cuyahoga, Part 3

Okay, so my football team, the Cleveland Browns, finally won its second game last week. Forgive me if I'm not doing cartwheels in the street. The team's record, after all, is still 2-11. Epic futility such as that tends to draw attention (as it did earlier here). The Onion had a little fun recently at the Browns' expense. As long as you're checking out that Onion spoof dispatch, you might as well also review this one as well. And maybe this one too. And just to be safe, this one also. Finally, just for the hell of it, take a moment to watch this video. Then, let us know what you think.

9 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Blogger FreshGreenKim said...

I'm notably absent, and embarrassed how much I've missed here. Rather than try to catch up, I'll just say, the Cleveland teams have unmercifully squeezed any love of pro sports I ever posessed. Sigh.

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

As a die hard Cleveland sports fan, I'll take it! Just as I'll take that one great golf shot out of 105, that keeps me coming back for more.

BTW gross Ronald Reagan video.

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger John Ettorre said...

Thanks, both of you. And you're right about that Reagan video. It was pretty bizarre.

 
At 7:04 AM, Anonymous steve said...

"The Onion," Is that where underemployed writers get to unleash their creativity and angst? Wow, that stuff was really out there.

Let us know when you do cartwheels in the street, though. I'm sure that would be a sight to see.

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger John Ettorre said...

To the contrary, The Onion has been a giant commercial success. But of course that doesn't mean it's for everyone. As for the cartwheels, that could really be ugly. But I'll try to remember to capture the moment with some video.

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger FreshGreenKim said...

Woof, woof, two game winning streak.

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger John Ettorre said...

A shocker, wasn't it? Josh Cribbs for governor!

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Rita Writer said...

Awesome video - "When he moans at them, they're going to listen." LOL!

Thanks, I needed that!

Rita

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger John Ettorre said...

Glad it did the trick for you, Rita.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home