Thursday, November 27, 2008

Have a Joyous
Holiday, Y'All

I briefly considered trying to recount everything I'm thankful for today, at least until my fingers rebelled at the idea of sitting at the terminal for hours, typing away on a holiday instead of enjoying the warmth of family. So let me instead give you the abbreviated version. I'm thankful for a loving spouse, who's both a rock and a refuge. I'm thankful for having work that gives me meaning and direction, and occasionally a chance to touch a heart or two, and remind someone they're not alone in the world. I'm thankful for how my country seems to have finally gotten ahold of itself and decided to take a path back to sanity. I'm thankful for all of you, gentle readers, who continue to shower me with the gift of your attention. Most of all, I'm incredibly thankful for the privilege this holiday of watching two teenage boys we sent off to college just a few short weeks ago return to us as poised young men, so full of heart and zest and soulfullness. What more could anyone really ask?

4 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Blogger TJ Sullivan said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger John Ettorre said...

I think we're often on the same wavelength, TJ. Do enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend.

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Michelle O'Neil said...

Beautiful post John!

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger John Ettorre said...

As was yours about falling in love all over again with Todd:

http://michelleoneilwrites.blogspot.com/2008/11/overheard-from-downstairs-as-i-write-up.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home