Wednesday, September 03, 2008

How Cool Is This?

I was scouting around yesterday on the excellent Green City Blue Lake regional environmental/sustainability website, as I often do, when I found something especially delightful. GCBL is the most recent addition to David Beach's once-sprawling Eco City Cleveland empire, which last summer merged its operations with the Cleveland Museum of Natural History, to form a Center for Regional Sustainability. A few years ago, I wrote about how David has become perhaps the most prominent spokesman in the entire Midwest for smart growth, all from the modest original platform of a great environmental column (called Lake Effects) in the now-defunct Cleveland Edition. The Green City Blue Lake website has become a powerful all-purpose online window into that work, and an increasingly useful one-stop shop for news and information about all things progressive in the region (its events calendar is especially helpful). Its chief webmaster and scribe, the formidable Marc Lefkowitz (whom I wrote about here earlier) keeps it in fine form, with frequent updates, and he also blogs about sustainability.

Anyway, one of the more recent updates to the site is this regional sustainability map, which hopes to map the connections between various institutional players in the region. As I clicked around on it, I was pleasantly surprised to see that this blog gets mentioned under the Arts & Culture section, one of just a couple of blogs in the region to be recognized in that way. I'm forced to admit that after five and a half years of daily work on this labor of love, it kind of made my day. Thanks for the nod, folks. We really appreciate it.

1 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to keep closer tab on this intelligent eco-friendly blog. So much good info that would be great to know in a timely manner. Just the kind of thing my friends and I might dive into; could even inspire some "green" poetry. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home