Friday, January 20, 2006

Some Thoughts That Seemed Appropriate
On the Debut of Roldo's New Poverty Blog

'If you speak with passion, many of us will listen. We need stories to live, all of us. We live by story. Yours enlarges the circle.'
--Richard Rhodes

'All my writings may be considered tasks imposed from within; their source was a fateful compulsion. What I wrote were things that assailed me from within myself. I permitted the spirit that moved me to speak out.'
--Psychology pioneer C.G. Jung

'So why do I write, torturing myself to put it down? Because in spite of myself, I've learned some things. Without the possibility of action, all knowledge comes to one labeled file and forget, and I can neither file nor forget.'
--Ralph Ellison

'George, you're tearing my jacket!'
--Roldo's immortal comment as he was forcibly ejected from a public meeting by then-City Council President George Forbes.

1 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John: Thanks for the comments and help. And thanks for immortalizing my sartorial defense of the First Amendment in 1981!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home