Friday, January 13, 2006

Doing as Jill Has Instructed

Okay, I wouldn't normally do this kind of thing, but out of respect for my friend and fellow blogger Jill Miller Zimon, I'll accept her tag-you're-it just this once. Here were her instructions:
1. go to your blog's archive

2. find the 23rd post
3. find the 5th sentence
4. post the text of the sentence in a blog entry along with these instructions
5. tag 5 other people

And so, in my fifth sentence of my 23rd-ever
post (way back on May 19th, 2003), I had this to say about the grand obfuscator, then-presidential press secretary Ari Fleisher:
"In his more than two years on the job, I can't think of a single thing he said that made any situation clearer or caused one to think that he might be adding some even microscopic insight into the workings of the government." Hell, his successor may not be as skilled in bullshit, but at least he's Ari's equal in his ability to be completely unrevealing.

I hereby tag these five future winners of the Nobel Prize for literature to carry on this tradition, thereby touching off a virus that could well infect the entire Internet:

Anton Zuiker
Steve FitzGerald
Jerry Ritcey
Shannon Okey
Steve Goldberg

3 Comments:

At 5:12 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Well thank you John. So I've used up my meme quota? Hmm, well, maybe if I come up with something really good and clever?

Btw, did you know that Ben Franklin's 300th bday is next week? There's got to be some good blogging material for that. I loved Ben Franklin when I was in grade school. And not just because he showed up on money.

Can't wait to see if you're meme tagged folks follow through. Thanks for your - VERY interesting, isn't it, how these things play out sometimes?

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger John Ettorre said...

Jill, as it happened, this exercise did have value for me. Several times, I've almost begun telling the story of how I got started in journalism in D.C., but stopped myself cause I was pretty sure I'd already done it. Only I never came across the entry till this. I wrote it way earlier than I remembered. So thanks for the tag...

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Wow. See? Isn't that cool? Maybe I should believe in Intelligent Design. It's the wave of the past.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home