Friday, September 28, 2007

Cleveland's East-West Divide: An Essay

The October issue of Northern Ohio Live, due in mailboxes and on newstands any moment now, will contain a back-page essay I wrote, on the subject of Cleveland's historic divisions between east and west sides. It's a subject I began engaging with in this space last year here, and the reader comments were so enthusiastic and so interesting that I knew I should return to it. As I note, we now have a south side as well, which of course we've always had. But I don't remember anyone acknowledging or talking about that much until recent years. Anyway, thanks to my friend Jim Kukral, the omnivorous Cleveland-based web evangelist, for parking this file on his server temporarily. Also thanks to Sarah at Live, for finally going ahead and taking the dive with a back-page essay each month, an idea I've been quietly agitating about for a few years. But most of all, thank you dear readers, for joining this conversation occasionally, and thus adding to my knowledge base. I couldn't do it without you.

1 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John, that was a great piece. Well reasoned and insightful. Thanks for sharing it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home