Monday, October 23, 2006

Getting Philosophical
In the Middle Years

'Let's put it this way: we give the first third of our life to youth. We give the second third of our life to ego. And hopefully we give the last third of our life to wisdom, or to God. And that's really where I'm at now...I really have finally learned my lesson about what I like and what I don't like, and what I'm going to have and what I'm not going to have. I mean, you turn a corner one day, and as my dad used to say to me, you see that all of a sudden the ballplayers and all of the cops are younger than you are. And you realize that you're not young anymore. I want to make the most of the time I have left.'

--Forty-eight-year-old actor Alec Baldwin, in the current issue of GQ, in a lovely profile that's a welcome change from their usually vapid stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home