Wednesday, March 22, 2006

They're On Sabattical, But We'll Wait

A couple of friends who are powerful thinkers, doers and communicators in their very different (but thoroughly compatible) niches have gone on long blogging sabatticals. Here's hoping that both Ron Copfer and Mary Beth Matthews get back to their blogs when they're good and ready to do so. Their insights are so valuable because their activities are so varied and vital, so I want to cut them the maximum break possible. Ron is one of the region's leading web entrepreneurs, and also likes to stick his nose in the political realm from time to time, when he's not sounding off in regional policy planning councils. MB is, hands-down, our leading figure to bear witness from inside the front lines of the urban classroom. I'm hungering to learn what they're both thinking on a bunch of issues. Then again, maybe that's all the excuse I'd need to invite them both to lunch sometime and hear about it all in person. But given their energy, those could well prove to be two of the longest lunches in recorded history.

2 Comments:

At 11:59 PM, Blogger Ron Copfer said...

Lunch with you is never too long and I always leave wondering if what I am doing is going to make any difference.

I like that about you JE, you never allow enough comfort to let me sink into complacency and always enough stirring to make sense of a higher calling--thanks!

I haven't even had a chance to read any blogs besides writing on my own and only found this post (so coincidently) because I was doing a little homework/research on what's next -- how ironic.

That's what you will hear about next, I promise to get back to it soon...

 
At 5:10 AM, Blogger John Ettorre said...

You have the signature physical and intellectual restlessness of a serial entrepreneur, Ron, so I don't think complacency is ever remotely going to be the problem. And don't forget that taking care of one's family is right at the top of our higher callings, so cut yourself a break, because you have two families to feed--your nuclears and your employees. Anyway, now I'm looking forward even more to that lunch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home